Poetry: Arebhashe, Beary, Konkani, Tulu
Smitha Amrithraj, Mohammed Kulai, Melvyn Rodrigues, Kathyayini Kunjibettu with Purushothama Bilimale
Dr. Kathyayini Kunjibettu is a Kannada Professor at Mahatma Gandhi Memorial College (M.G.M. College), Udupi. She did her PhD in Kannada literature at the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (2014) and her MA in Kannada literature at the Karnataka State Open University, Mysore (2002). She completed her “Sangeet Visharad” in Hindustani classical music at the Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal, Mumbai (2004).
She has 28 published books to her credit, including the following:
– Togalugombe (Kannada novel)
– Makkala Mooru Natakagalu
– Moggina Maatu (PhD thesis)
– Akka Kelavva
– Guliyappa Mattu Korehallu (children's dramas)
– Avanu Hennagabeku
– M. Gopalakrishna Adigara Vachike
Her published translations include “Nagamandala” by Girish Karnad (translated into Tulu), “Mahaamaayi” by Chandrasekhara Kambara (translated into Tulu), and a few more.
The many awards she has received include the following:
– ‘Kanaka Yuva Puraskar’ (2020) conferred by the Rashtrakavi Kanakadasa Study and Research Centre, Bengaluru
– Dinakara Desai Award For Avanu Hennaagabeku (Poems) (2021-22) – by Dinakara Desai Pratishtana, Ankola
– Dr.D.S. Karki Kaavya Prashasti for Avanu Hennaagabeku (Poems) – by Dr. D. S. Karki Pratishtana Tumakuru (2022)
– Karnataka Sahitya Akademi prize (2016) for the children’s drama ‘Guliyappa’
– Karnataka Nataka Akademi’s prize (2018) for Pagade Haasu (Drama)
– ‘Aralu’ award (2011) for the drama anthology ‘Makkala Mooru Natakagalu’ conferred by the Kannada Sahitya Parishat and the Bengaluru Municipal Transport Corporation
– ‘Mallika’ endowment (2009) for the novel ‘Thogalugombe’ conferred by the Kannada Sahitya Parishat, Bengaluru
She presided over the first 'State Conference' of the Rajya Yuva Barahagarara Okkuta, Mangaluru.