Poetry: Arebhashe, Beary, Konkani, Tulu
Smitha Amrithraj, Mohammed Kulai, Melvyn Rodrigues, Kathyayini Kunjibettu with Purushothama Bilimale
Mohammed Kulai has been a Deputy Editor at Vartha Bharati.
His published works include the following:
1) KuchchikaaDina kappu huDuga (short story collection)
2) Kadana kutuuhala (short story collection)
3) Mittabail Yamunaka (Kannada translation of a Tulu novel)
4) KaaDanla Mane (novel)
5) Arabian Nights Stories (in Beary language)
He has published more than a hundred articles, poems, plays and stories in various newspapers. He has also had an active interest in creating plays, acting, composing songs and making recordings on cassettes. He acted in the award-winning Kannada movie ‘munnuDi’.
The awards he has received include the following:
1) Karnataka Sahitya Akademi Award (2008)
2) Kuvempu Bhasha Bharati Pradhikara Translation Award (2008)
3) Shivamogga Karnataka Sangha’s P. Lankesh Award ( 2001)
4) Kannada Sahitya Parishat Award (2016)
5) Karnataka Beary Sahitya Academy Award (2008)
He has served in various organisations in the field in the following positions:
– President, Secretary and presently Organizing Secretary of the Beary Sahitya and Samsrutika Sangha
– Joint Secretary of the Central Beary Sahitya Parishat
– President, Secretary – Muslim Writers Association
– General Secretary of the reception committee of the first Beary Literary Conference in Mangalore (1998).
For his illustrious service in the field of literature, he was felicitated on the occasion of the 150th Jayanti celebrations of Brahmashri Narayana Guru, and he has received many such honours.