How does it work?
Submit information about your book idea, through our two step process – online form and email.
- Please click on the Apply link at the top right of the page and submit the information on the form.
- Once you have submitted the form, please send an email to email@example.com attaching a 1-page excerpt from your manuscript (Word/PDF file).
Our jury will evaluate all the entries we receive and shortlist 25 finalists. The finalists get a chance to pitch their book idea to a jury, get feedback and make connections for potential publishing opportunities. The LitMart finals pitch event will take place online in December 2020.
What to submit?
A 250-word proposal/synopsis covering the story idea, background and/or characterization and/or plot summary along with a 1-page excerpt from your manuscript. LitMart is open to both fiction and non-fiction proposals, in English only.
What is the selection procedure?
Submissions will be accepted only via the online submission form followed by an email. The jury will select the top 25 finalists and an additional 10 waitlisted entries.
LitMart Pitch Format
The format for the final pitches could be in any format that suits the book idea best – storytelling, short video, slide deck, short play or musical, dance, stand-up, improv – really, anything, as long as it is within THREE minutes. The pitch session will take place online with Q&A from the jury.
The deadline for submissions is 11pm IST on Sunday, 29th November 2020.
Terms & Conditions
- Only unpublished authors can apply to participate in LitMart and the pitch competition accepts only unpublished work.
- If you have previously self-published other work, please disclose this at the time of applying.
- The Bangalore Literature Festival is only a facilitator via LitMart to connect aspiring authors with literary agents, commissioning editors and publishers. We do not guarantee or promise any publication deals or commercial contracts from the event.
- The decision of the jury is final and the Festival does not have any influence on the same.