How does it work?
Submit information about your book idea, through our online form. Click on the Apply link at the top right of the page.
Our jury will evaluate all the entries we receive and shortlist 10 finalists. The finalists get a chance to pitch their book idea to a jury, get feedback and make connections for potential publishing opportunities. The LitMart finals pitch event will be held at the Bangalore Literature Festival on 2-3 Dec 2023.
What to submit?
A 250 to 500-word proposal/synopsis covering the story idea, background and/or characterization and/or plot summary along with an excerpt from your manuscript. LitMart is open to both fiction and non-fiction proposals, in English only.
What is the selection procedure?
Submissions will be accepted only via the online submission form. The jury will select 10 finalists. Finalists will be required to confirm their ability to attend the LitMart pitch event at the Bangalore Literature Festival.
LitMart Pitch Format
The format for the final pitches could be in any format that suits the book idea best – storytelling, short video, slide deck, short play or musical, dance, stand-up, improv – really, anything, as long as it is within THREE minutes. The pitch will be followed by a short Q&A from the jury. Pitching will be in front of a live audience.
The deadline for submissions is 11pm IST on Sunday, 15 October 2023.
The 10 finalists will be notified by 11pm on 31 October 2023 via individual emails.
Terms & Conditions
- Only unpublished authors can apply to participate in LitMart and the pitch competition accepts only unpublished work.
- However, if you have previously self-published other work, please disclose this at the time of applying.
- An individual is allowed to submit a maximum of 2 entries only.
- An entry submitted for ScreenLit cannot be submitted for LitMart.
- The Bangalore Literature Festival is only a facilitator via LitMart to connect aspiring authors with literary agents, commissioning editors and publishers. We do not guarantee or commit to any publication deals or commercial contracts from the event.
- LitMart is a platform for feedback and not a competition. The decisions and feedback of the jury is theirs alone and the Festival does not have any influence on the same.