ನನ್ನ ಬೊಗಸೆಯ ಆಕಾಶ: An Autobiography
Veerappa Moily with BM Haneef
B.M. Haneef started his career as a journalist in 1984 at the Kannada daily Mungaru. For the last 33 years, he worked with Prajavani. He has written a number of articles on socio-political and human rights issues, language, culture, cinema and literature.
He has written over 15 books, including one on Bose, Secular Senani Subhash Chandra Bose, and one on Jinnah, Jinnah Komuvadi. His short story collection, Manji Rava Fry, won the Dr. U R Ananthamurthy Award presented by the Karnataka Sangha Shivamogga. Some of his stories have been translated into Hindi and English, and have been included in university textbooks.
Haneef was the Editor for the Beary translation project of Saint Kanakadasa's literature. He worked as the guide for the Beary-Kannada- English lexicon of the Karnataka Beary Sahitya Academy, and he has directed two documentary films on Beary language and culture for the Beary Academy.
He co-wrote the script and wrote the dialogues for the Kannada film Haseena directed by Girish Kasaravalli, which won a National Award.
The other awards he has received include the following:
– Lifetime Achievement Award from the Karnataka Media Academy
– Sandesha Media Award for excellence in journalism
– Honorary Award from the Karnataka Beary Sahitya Academy
– Lifetime Achievement Award from the Karnataka Union of Working Journalists
– Lifetime Achievement Award from the Bangalore Press Club
– Karavali Siri Award from the Tulu Koota Bangalore.