I have been active in theatre since 1950. My children – Sujata Raut, Prakash Belawadi, Sudha Belawadi and Pradeep Belawadi – are also involved in theatre activities. Prakash and Sudha act in films as well. My husband – the late Makeup Nani – was a well known actor, director and makeup artist.
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role for the film “ Professor Huchhooraya ” in 1974.
- Second best play for “ Boothanna Pechata ” which was written, directed and produced by me at the state level children drama competition in 1974.
- Written and directed plays for AIR (All India Radio) women’s programme.
- Wrote plays for Women’s Association for Children.
- Worked as a member of Natak Academy.
- Wrote an autobiography “Naanu Bhargavi” which got awards from the State Sahitya Academy,from Shivamogga Karnataka Sangha and the ‘Gangamma Bommai Pratishtana,Dharwad’
- Received an award from the State Nataka Academy for my services in theatre.
- I continue to direct and produce plays through ‘Green Room Club’ (a troupe started by my late husband Makeup Nani)